- YOUR SOCIAL MEDIA SHOULD -
Social media creates an opportunity to build a relationship with the people in your audience and encourage evangelical followers. I spend time getting to know my client's followers and responding to their comments.
Some products or services are straight forward and easy to understand, others are more complex. Social media is a great way of drip-feeding information to your customers so that they understand why they require your product or service - or realise they need it in the first place.
I like social media content that's attractive, eye-catching and interactive. There's so much that can be done with the medium nowadays that we can have fun experimenting with.
- INSTAGRAM -
With more than 25 million businesses actively using Instagram to market to their target audience, it’s easy to see why so many people use the app to shop.
If you’re familiar at all with Facebook advertising, you understand the power and depths available to reach your audience. Some of the targeting features include: Location, demographics, interests, behaviours and lookalike audiences.
Visual content empowers shoppers to make purchases with more in-depth details and images of what they want to buy. To get the most out of your Instagram content, try these: use large text, be succinct, avoid over designing and create a clear path.
Engage with customers where they spend their time. More than 800 million people use Instagram every month and over 500 million log on every day. The time spent on Instagram is pretty astonishing and for brands and retailers, this is a network to engage and connect with your base.
User-generated content is an essential part of building trust in your brand and products. Why? Because people trust each other more than businesses.
- FACEBOOK -
• It’s still the most used social platform with nearly 2.45 billion monthly active users.
• It’s outranked only by Google and YouTube. When people spend time online, there’s a good chance they’re spending it on Facebook. It’s also the top Google search query.
• 300 million people use Facebook Stories daily and creating content for Facebook Stories is different from creating content for the News Feed. The pace is faster, the aspect ratio is different, and you’ve got much less text to work with. But Stories have the strategic advantage of appearing at the top of the screen.
• Wondering if you should prioritise mobile-friendly content? The answer is a resounding yes. Ninety-four percent of Facebook ad revenue is from mobile. Put most of your ad budget toward mobile-optimised ads and always make sure your content is easily viewable on a mobile device.
- LINKEDIN -
Linkedin has 675 million monthly users and to put that number in context, Instagram currently has 1 billion users, and Facebook has 2.5 billion. Twitter reports around 330 million. That’s a 14% increase since the end of 2018, when LinkedIn reported 590 million users.
With 30 million companies on the social media platform. Arguably the company LinkedIn page may have started as a tool for your recruiting team, but increasingly it has become the domain of your sales and marketing folks.
An ad on LinkedIn can reach 12% of the world’s population that is, 12% of people over the age of thirteen. While this isn’t the highest percentage in the deck, LinkedIn has the advantage of a self-selected user-base that cares about their work. Quality over quantity, am I right?
89% of B2B marketers use LinkedIn for lead generation. Again, not a surprise. But here’s a bonus stat: 62% of B2B marketers say LinkedIn successfully generates leads—that’s twice as many as the next social platform.
“We don't have a choice on wether we do social media. The question is, how well we do it.”